Bruce Swabb, CPA
- Thou Shalt summon the discipline to report all cash receipts to preserve the power and the glory of your business.
- Thou Shalt begin to prepare at least twelve months in advance before placing your business on the market.
- Thou Shalt clean the closets of thy books and records to root out all vermin, omissions of debt and misplaced entries.
- Thou Shalt not attempt to tread this path without professional guidance.
- Thou Shalt not demand an exorbitant price beyond the heavens.
- Thou Shalt not hurl objects at your business broker when he attempts to speak the truth.
- Thou Shalt faithfully file all income and sales tax returns and avoid lurking tax liabilities.
- Thou Shalt maintain financial reports that give a clear reflection of your business activities and history.
- Thou Shalt maintain angelic patience and speak kindly to all who have shown the slightest glimmer of interest in your business.
- Thou Shalt not change your mind and decide not to sell after receiving a reasonable offer.
Follow this hard earned wisdom and your path will be harmonious.